One of the sides of this Korg Delta was cracked and the owner asked me to make wooden replacements. This seemingly simple task turned out to have quite a few challenges.
The brackets that attach to the sides are recessed, at different depths no less.
I used the router table to make a duplicate of the ends. I only needed one template because the ends are mirror images. I used and oversized bearing on a router bit to enlarge the ends by about .100″ just to give the edges a little thickness. I then used the center finder on the milling machine to locate and drill the holes for mounting the brackets.
I measured the depth of the different slots and used the milling machine to accurately rout them to depth. With a little adjustment with a chisel I was able to get them to fit tightly in the recesses.
After a little sanding and several coats of Tung Oil I assembled all of the pieces with button head socket screws and installed them on the keyboard.